About Sistah Soldier
27 years of helping others develop their careers, find success, and live their lives with tenacity.
Learn more about my background and how I can help you boost your career or launch your new business NOW
Wanda “Sistah Soldier” Petty is:
An entrepreneur, founder, author, and a retired Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the U.S. Army who has dedicated her life to serving veterans. During her 21 years of service, she served as a human resources manager in various Personnel Service Centers. Her specialties were EEO, Drug & Alcohol NCO, Project Management, Personnel Records, and Recruiting. During her career, she was named the Soldier of the Quarter three times; Top Recruiter for Frederick Recruiting Company earning a gold badge with 3 Safire Stars, and the Joint Service Commendation Award.
Since retirement in 2008, she became an advocate for women veterans by founding The National Resource Society for Women Veterans, Inc. in 2011 to support, assist, and empower them with resources. As of today, NRSWV has assisted over 1,500 veterans across the nation with transitional resources, clothing or housing assistance. In addition, she’s the host of a television show, and president of a supporting corporation named Jevon Management, Inc. which provides coaching, staffing/placement, training, and consulting for nonprofit and corporate clients.
The Personal Me
Although I currently reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, I was born in Galveston, Texas, and grew up in southern
California. I consider myself as a Cali Girl at heart who loves spending time traveling and enjoying the splendors of the beach.
My deepest desire is to live a life of self-expression using creative forms of art?
I’ve had the pleasure of traveling to many countries in Europe and the Caribbean.
I’m a wife, mother, and grandmother of a baby boy “Nana’s man” whom by the way is my favorite little guy.
(Pictures of me and my husband, white horse, and me on the beach)
I simply love guiding people to knowing, and understanding the God they serve, and how to apply heavenly principles to their everyday lives.
There’s only one way to describe what I do as “being born to do this.” I simply love helping others create through using their spirituality. That’s what I do! I’m living my passion by fulfilling the God-given purpose on my life helping others help themselves. As a woman, a veteran, coach and business owner, I’ve experienced many things you’re likely trying to figure out yourself:
- How to operate as a Christian Leader with Integrity
- How to believe God’s word for your life and your family during challenging experiences
- Create a plan for your future while trying to understand unexpected situations
- How to craft a business using the skills and knowledge based on the gifts God has already given you
- How to trust God during difficult changes in your life
- How to have a successful career transition
Struggling to transition from the military? Failed to prepare in enough time? Didn’t know how to prepare for career change? Having difficulty blending in a new community? I’ve got your back!
The Professional Me
I assume various roles such as Transformational Coach + Career Strategist + Serial Entrepreneur + Independent Television Producer and Talk Show Host. My goal is to help transform the lives of people who desire to get clear, become spiritually victorious, and teach them how to live in authenticity while supporting them until they’ve accomplished their mission.
- Successfully Graduated From NYACK COLLEGE earning a BS Degree in Organization Management
- Hawk Eye Certified Development Coach (focusing on Veteran Transition and Reintegration)
- Certified Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
- National Speaker & Published Author
- Alumni of the McKoin Public Service Academy
- Independent Television & Film Producer
- Founded The National Resource Society for Women Veterans (NRSWV)
- Producer and Talk Show Host of SHE VET iNspires Television Show
- Career Coach and Digital Media Recruiter
- Former Real Estate Agent & U.S. Army Recruiter